USAG has certain skills, needs, and deductions for each degree in gymnastics. These are the requirements for a amount five/6 10. gymnastics entrance handspring vault (degree 5 and six do the same vault).
USAG allows all gymnasts to complete two vaults. The highest score of the two gymnastics vaults will be the score that is counted. Each gymnast has up to three managing ways as prolonged as they do not contact the springboard and/or vault desk. If the gymnast touches the board or gymnastics vault desk and does not go above this will rely as one of their vaults (this vault will receive a score of zero).
What the judges appear for in a degree 5/6 entrance handspring vault…
Operate…The initial point a choose will look at is the gymnasts operate. they want the operate to be even, powerful and accelerated (the gymnast Need to not gradual up just before they hurdle ad punch the spring board)
PREFLIGHT…the preflight is aka the 1st flight. In the course of the preflight the gymnasts arms have to swing forward right up until the gymnast has comprehensive shoulder extension (shoulders are opened). During this time the head need to remain neutral although only the eyes concentrate on the hand placement. Throughout the preflight the gymnast need to preserve a straight, limited, hollow human body positions with legs squeezed with each other and hips opened (no pike). In the preflight the gymnast must achieve close to vertical (but no much more than vertical). This is attained by driving the heals up and backwards.
Contact…as quickly as the gymnasts fingers make contact with the gymnastics vault desk the gymnast Need to rapidly and forcefully lengthen their shoulders (this is recognized as blocking) in opposition to the vault with out bending their arms. This will lead to the gymnast to go away the vault desk quite quick and near vertical.
POSTFLIGHT…the gymnast should maintain the very same position as the preflight…head neutral while in a straight and limited hollow human body place. The gymnast have to keep on rotating until they land in demi-plie.
Complete… when the gymnast’s ft speak to the mat the gymnast must a bit bend knees to take up the landing (this will support the gymnast stick it) while their arms fall down to their facet. As quickly as the gymnast has total handle of the landing they require to prolong their legs to a straight stand and raise their arms to complete in a V position.
Listed here is rhythmic gymnastics music of added penalties a gymnast can obtain on a entrance handspring vault.
• Human body placement – Piked – Arched
• Legs – Bent – Divided
• Ft – Not pointed
Run AND PREFLIGHT
• Operate – Lacks pace – Lacks energy – No acceleration – Not straight
• Improper vault carried out
• Support of Mentor
Make contact with
• Arms – Bent – Shoulders not open (showing a shoulder angle)
• Head contacts vault
• Failure to leave the vault prior to the gymnast goes earlier vertical
• Arms – Extra hand placement (shifting palms when they contact the vault desk) – Trying to keep arms on the vault table for too extended – Touching with only one hand – Not touching the vault at all
• Not enough height
• Not adequate length
• Any get in touch with with human body at the conclude of the vault table (Other than when the gymnast arms 1st have make contact with)
• Ft – Hop – Go – Step – Soar
• Added arm swing
• Added human body motion to sustain balance
• Incorrect physique situation
• Deep squat
• Touching the landing mat with any portion or human body other than feet
• Touching the vault desk with any portion of entire body
• Not landing toes 1st.